Smartphones and social media have changed the way we do business FOREVER... The rules of marketing have now changed and if you want to succeed in business, YOU must change too!! The combined effect of smart phone usage and social media on a normal consumer can be more evident in the finding of a recent study.
- Nearly 55% of smartphone users compared shops on their smartphones while in a store
- Nearly 47% read reviews about the product before buying
- Nearly 21% searched for coupons to use instantly
- Nearly 12% opted to buy online instead of in-store, and
- Nearly 5% searched for a recommendation on the business or product from their friends
The whole idea behind the use of mobile coupons for location based marketing is to reach the right person at the right time for the right need. Instead of throwing your mobile coupons all over the place, location based marketing concentrates on sending them to the most relevant clients/customers at the most appropriate time, to get the maximum ROI. The finding of another research conducted on consumer behavior based on the use of mobile coupons for location based marketing revealed following results:
- Nearly 50% of the respondents were inclined to make in-store purchases if they received a mobile coupon while in the store or in close proximity of the store
- Smartphone users in the age group of 18-35 were more inclined (63%) than those in the age group of 35+ (43%)
There is no doubt about the fact that with the wide spread use of smartphones, customers are becoming smarter, and if you are a smart businessman you would not want to miss out in capitalizing on the latest technology to your advantage. You can also increase you ROI by making wise use of location based marketing and mobile coupons to outperform your competitors. With our Coupontools coupons you are able to create mobile coupons in a few minutes and connect them to your marketing plan!
Do you any questions? Don't hesitate and contact us!