Here is something that can really help your business get the word out and cut costs – mobile coupons. These are not the traditional coupons that you put in the local paper. These are paperless coupons that people can use with their smartphones.
Mobile coupons are a smarter way to offer discounts on your products or services. Why? Let's find out!
What is SMS Couponing?
SMS Couponing refers to the practice of sending digital coupons through SMS (short message service), also referred to as text messaging or texting. It is a great way to introduce your products or services to potential clients on their smartphones and attract them to make purchases using these great discounts.
If you are thinking about how you will manage to send these coupons to thousands of your targeted clients, the answer is through Bulk Messaging. Bulk messaging in a personal way!
What is Bulk Messaging?
Bulk messaging refers to sending your Mobile coupons to thousands or even tens of thousands of subscribers. Bulk messaging allows you to save considerably on printing and advertising costs. Many service providers deal with managing your bulk messaging for a small fee. Even in bulk, you can send out personalized messages! With the advanced in-house Coupontools SMS marketing software, you easily set up fixed field names replaced by personal elements from the recipient. This way, the 1000 recipients receive a personalized message.
How to generate list of potential clients
There is a whole process of generating a list of names of your targeted clients. Your business website and your social media page can play a vital role in gathering this list. To get your subscribers fast, you can offer them incentives for signing up like a freebie or great discounts.
Once the list of subscribers has been generated, you can provide it to your bulk messaging service provider along with a short coupon code. Your bulk messaging service providers will then send your short message and the discount code to all the subscribers on the list.
You can even use QR codes - the modern-day version of bar codes, which are scan-able on all the smartphones and can be used instantaneously. One important thing to keep in mind is to make sure that everyone on the list has subscribed voluntarily. Avoid sending to clients who have not subscribed; it is considered spamming and is illegal.
Benefits of SMS couponing
As more and more people are going mobile, SMS couponing is a great way to convince them to come to your business. A digital coupon is one of the most convincing triggers! Some of the benefits of mobile coupons are as under:
- the cheapest and the simplest form of advertising that small, medium, and big companies could all make usage of
- the number of people using a smartphone is growing at a rapid pace throughout the world
- with SMS couponing you can be assured that your target customers really receive your coupons, read them and use them instantaneously
- text messages are mainly opened within a few minutes upon reception
- it is great for targeted and personalized advertising
- there is no chance of losing the mobile coupons, as they are always safe in the messages unless the receiver deletes them
- It's also possible to save the digital coupon to email, pdf, or your mobile wallet!
- no use of papers, therefore it is nice for the environment and your company's costs
- digital is tracible! You'll have a lot of actionable statistics in comparison with traditional paper coupon marketing.
One of the main advantages of using the Coupontools software is that you have both a digital coupon creator software and an SMS marketing software under one roof. You only need 1 license to use both features! That's maybe the major advantages after all.
Sounds quite interesting.
Create a trial account or contact us for more information!