Use Case: Washington Redskins
Being a professional American Football team, the Washington Redskins are based in the Washington metropolitan area. The Redskins play in the NFL as a member of the National Football Conference East division. Forbes reveals that as of 2018, the Redskins are the tenth most valuable franchise in the world, and the fourth most valuable franchise in the NFL.
The Washington Redskins partnered with Coupon Tools to employ proximity marketing by creating a location-based marketing campaign. The strategy increased fan engagement and rewarded fans sitting in the stadium in the form of exciting prizes. Users simply needed to show the coupon to a Redskins Employee at the Giveaways Table to claim their prizes without any hassle. An easy redemption method and an intuitive design allows fans to get engaged and play the scratch & win game.
Here are some of the best features that made the fan engagement campaign a success:
- Proximity marketing at its best
- Fans in the stadium get a push notification to play the scratch & win game
- Integrated in the users’ own sport app
- Flexible prize including one head prize (such as an autographed football or a signed photo)
- Quick and hassle-free redemption methods